All visitors, including parents whose arrival is scheduled, must check in with the security guard at the gate before proceeding to the school office. Once at the school office, please sign in on the visitor log and obtain a visitor’s badge. Visitor badges must be worn so they are easily visible and at all time while on campus. All visitors must abide by the Visitors Code of Conduct.
CMIS Visitors’ Code of Conduct
CMIS encourages partnerships with our community and works hard to maintain a positive learning environment. Included in this is respect for school property, students, staff, and visitors.
CMIS requires all visitors to refrain from:
- Disruptive behavior which interferes with the operation of a class, office or other area of school
- Loud or offensive language, swearing, cursing or displaying anger
- Threatening to harm another person
- Using student restrooms (adult only restrooms are available)
- Damaging or destroying school property
- Sending or verbalizing abusive or threatening communication
- The use of cameras to photograph students that are not related to them
- Physical contact with students that are not related to them.
- The use of physical aggression towards another adult or child
- Disciplining someone else’s child
- Smoking, consuming alcohol, or drugs whilst on school property
We thank our visitors for observing this code of conduct. All members of the school community have a right to expect CMIS to be a safe place. If a visitor’s behavior is unreasonable, they may be removed from campus.