Throughout the year CMIS holds events ranging from grade-level assemblies to school-wide activities. These events highlight the incredible talents our students have and bring our community together. Everyone one in the CMIS community is encouraged to attend events hosted at CMIS. For the most up-to-date information on school events, be sure to visit the CMIS website to check the school events calendar and newsletter. Traditional or recurring special events at CMIS include the following:
- Virtues Assemblies and Class Presentations – Classes at different grade levels prepare and present dramas, songs, poetry, stories, and other activities related to the curriculum.
- Christmas Program(s) - Classes at all grade levels are featured in musical and dramatic performances each December.
- International Day - This is our way of celebrating the diversity of our school community. CMIS students and parents spend the day sharing information about their home countries through song, dance, crafts, sports, games, music, and food. This event takes place every two years.
- Thai Day - Every two years, a day is set aside to honor the country in which we live. Teachers, parents, staff, and community members work together to make this day a significant celebration of Thailand’s culture.
- Visual and Performing Arts (Art, Drama, Music) Events are held several times throughout the year.
- Other Calendar Events - Back-To-School Night; MS/HS Socials; Spirit Week; Teacher Appreciation; Science Fairs; Class Trips; MS/HS Awards Assembly/Night.
Note: Students are required to purchase a purple CMIS polo shirt from the school store to wear on field trips.