COVID Protection Practices at CMIS
Morning drop off : 7:00 - 7:40am
When dropping off of students, parents are to remain in their vehicle.
- All students must wear a mask.
- PreK students will be dropped off near the auditorium.
- All other students to be dropped off at the entrance near the cafeteria.
- Temperature will be checked and hands will be sanitized before entering the school.
- Students who arrive by foot or by bicycle will have their temperature checked and hands sanitized at the gate near the cafeteria.
After school pick up: 2.35 - 3.00pm
The following will apply until further notice:
- There will be no after school activities.
- All sports are postponed.
- The Learning Center will be closed after school.
- Students need to be picked up by 3.00pm.
Three places are allocated for picking up students at the end of the day. Parents are to remain in their vehicle at all times and display their students name and Grade clearly in the windscreen
- PreK – Students will be picked up near the auditorium.
- KG & Gr 1 – Students will be picked up near the Admin Building entrance.
- Gr 2 – Gr 12 – Students will be picked up near the main entrance gate, at the cafeteria. (Some secondary students will arrange to meet their parents off campus or have their own transportation arranged to get home.)
- Elementary students with older siblings can make arrangements with the homeroom teachers to collect them and meet parents off campus or make their own way home. Please communicate your pick up plan with your child and their teacher.
While at school:
The following apply to all students, faculty and staff on campus:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Frequent hand washing or sanitizing will be required.
- Students should bring their own water bottles.
- Chairs/desks will be sanitized by the MS/HS students at the end of each class.
- Faculty, staff and students will practice distancing of 1.5m minimum.
- Our dedicated cleaning staff will adhere to strict cleaning schedules throughout the day.
All students, faculty and staff must wear a face mask (no vents). It is recommended that they have a spare mask with them. Masks are to be worn at all times other than when eating/drinking and during PE class. Neck straps are advised to avoid loss of face masks when they are removed.
All students, faculty and staff will practice distancing measures on campus. Seating in classrooms and the cafeteria has been adjusted to help students remain at a safe distance from one another. (1.5 - 2m)
- If students are unwell or have a temperature they should be kept home in line with our sickness and exclusion policy.
- If, at any point during the day, a student feels unwell, develops a temperature etc we will contact the parents to come and take them home.