Admissions decisions for August enrollment are made from February through August of the preceding academic year. For students in Pre-School to Grade 5 who apply to enter after the school year has already begun, decisions will be made once the application process has been completed and availability of space has been confirmed.
Following review of an application by the Committee, an admissions decision will be issued in writing, based on the following categories:
- Accepted: The applicant is accepted for enrollment to CMIS, and a space is reserved at the appropriate grade level. Additional placement testing may be required for specific course selection in Middle School and High School.
- Accepted, with additional screening required: The applicant is offered a place in the school based on academic qualifications, as determined by the CMIS Admissions Committee. However, grade level placement and potential entry into ESL and/or Learning Support programs will be determined following further testing upon arrival.
In some cases, further interviews with CMIS administrators or teachers, additional support in English, or a summer school placement may be a prerequisite to program entry.
- Not Accepted: The applicant does not meet CMIS’ requirements for admission, or no space is currently available at the appropriate grade level. Each year, some applicants are denied admission for one or more of the following reasons:
- academic qualifications
- behavioral issues
- English-language proficiency
- ESL / LS program availability