Thank you for your interest in Chiang Mai International School (CMIS)!
CMIS exists to provide high-quality, American standards-based education to the international community living in Northern Thailand. Application to CMIS is quite competitive, and all students must have a minimum level of English-language proficiency before they can be considered for enrollment. The primary conditions for acceptance are academic eligibility, English-language proficiency, and exemplary behavior.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year, which begins in August 2017. We have a limited number of vacancies in Pre-School, Kindergarten, and at most Elementary School grade levels. We do expect to have vacancies, however, at most Middle School and High School grade levels (Grades 6 through 12). Those applicants in priority categories will be considered before any additional spaces may be allocated for non-priority applicants.
CMIS uses Open Apply, an online application system. If you would like to apply for enrollment, please click on the link below to start the application process. Once you have registered your interest, you will be prompted to enter your e-mail address and create a secure account. You may schedule an appointment for a visit or submit an application through the Open Apply system. You may also begin an application, save your progress, and then return to complete the application at a later time. In addition, if you are applying for more than one child, you may add an additional application without entering the same information more than once.
Apply for admission
If you are applying for the 2017-2018 academic year, please select 2017-2018 Enrollment Year from the pull-down menu and enter the grade your child is applying to enter at that time.
All applicants must have passed their required birth date by the start of school in August. This policy applies to all grade levels, without exception. The age and grade level standard is as follows:
- 4 y.o. Pre-School, Age 4 ……. (Born September 2012 - August 2013)
- Kindergarten, Age 5 ..... (Born September 2011 - August 2012)
- Grade 1, Age 6 ............. (Born September 2010 - August 2011)
- Grade 2, Age 7 ……….. (Born September 2009 - August 2010)
- Grade 3, Age 8 ……….. (Born September 2008 - August 2009)
- Grade 4, Age 9 ……….. (Born September 2007 - August 2008)
- Grade 5, Age 10 ……… (Born September 2006 - August 2007)
- Grade 6, Age 11 ……….. (Born September 2005 - August 2006)
- Grade 7, Age 12 ……….. (Born September 2004 - August 2005)
- Grade 8, Age 13 ……….. (Born September 2003 - August 2004)
- Grade 9, Age 14 ……..….. (Born September 2002 - August 2003)
- Grade 10, Age 15 ……….. (Born September 2001 - August 2002)
- Grade 11, Age 16 ……….. (Born September 2000 - August 2001)
- Grade 12, Age 17 ……….. (Born September 1999 - August 2000)
Tuition and Fees
Please note the new and returning fee schedule for the 2017-2018 academic year. The 4,500 baht application fee is due at the time the application is submitted. The application fee must be received before we can schedule an entrance assessment. There are no additional costs until after the student has been accepted for enrollment.
Entrance assessment testing will be scheduled once the completed application and supporting documents have been received and the application fee has been paid.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Raymond Whitney, Admissions Director, at email@example.com. If you would like to apply for admission or schedule an appointment for a visit, please follow the links provided.
CMIS strives to maintain a balanced, harmonious international environment where English is the language of inclusion. We welcome applications from international students who:
- qualify academically (as determined by school records and standardized entrance assessment results) and
- meet the required English-language proficiency expectations for their grade level (as determined by CMIS guidelines).
We accept a limited number of academically qualified non-native English speakers, provided that their English-language proficiency falls within the CMIS guidelines for English as a Second Language (ESL) or English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
We also have limited availability for students with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities (as determined by previous school records, standardized testing, and Individualized Educational Plans) provided their disability falls within the CMIS guidelines for Learning Support (LS) and there is space available.