Our school, the first international school in Thailand outside of Bangkok, has a long and provincial history. Our campus is a testament of this history! From the beginning as an American Presbyterian missionary residence to now as a 21st century school campus, the land on which CMIS sits has continually developed as a living & learning community with a strong sense of identity and a vision of educational excellence.
CMIS was founded in 1954, originally using the McGilvary house as a school for missionary children. In 1958, CMIS was relocated to the present campus, the Grether compund was actually built by J.W. McKaen, M.D.. Our present location is surrounded by schools, a hospital, a seminary and a university, all of which were founded by American Presbyterian missionaries. The existing buildings on the CMIS campus are as follows:
- Administration Building (c. 1900), formerly the residence of J.W. McKaen, M.D.
- Pre-School Building (1958)
- Library Building (1958)
- Auditorium Building (1988), designed by Set Co.,Ltd.
- High School Building (1990), designed by Mr. Nopadon Piyatat
- Elementary Building (1997), designed by Mr. Nopadon Piyatat
- Gymnasium Building (2004). designed by Mr. Surapon Chaikhumlar
The new development projects are planned. It will take several years to complete these projects, which consist of:
- Renovation of the gate and fence
- Moving the covered court
- Construction of a new Classroom Building, 991.75 sq.m.
- Construction of a new Library & Cafeteria Building, 994.95 sq.m.
- Construction of a new Swimming Pool, 999.04 sq.m.